I hope you all enjoy whipping up my gluten free aubergine and basil pesto flatbread (or ‘wrapbreads’) recipe! It’s dairy free and low FODMAP too, so without further ado, here’s the full recipe:
For the ‘wrapbread’:
1 x Newburn Bakehouse Gluten Free Protein Wrap (Find out more:
1 x Aubergine
2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
Dairy free mozzarella
For the dairy free basil pesto:
2 Handfuls of fresh basil
1/2 cup of pine nuts
1 cup of dairy free grated cheese
1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil (more added as necessary)
1) Create 4-5 Aubergine ribbons using a peeler.
2) Lightly fry your aubergine ribbons for around 2-3 minutes.
3) Brush each side of your wrap with garlic-infused olive oil.
4) Top your wrap with dairy free mozzarella, aubergine ribbons, fresh chives and oregano.
5) Bake for 8 minutes at 200C or until edges begin to curl a little.
6) To make your basil pesto: add fresh basil, pine nuts, dairy free strong cheese and garlic-infused olive oil to your food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
8) Add more garlic-infused olive oil throughout blending until a nice smooth, glossy consistency is achieved.
9) Garnish your wrap with the pesto, season with pepper and add a few fresh basil leaves as a finishing touch.
Want weekly videos by yours truly? 🙂
Fancy a chat?
Got a hunger for more gluten free recipes? (dairy free too!) →