Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/Uv0ZyC
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/oba9yM
Share on G+ – http://goo.gl/pUqJii
Chef Ruchi Bharani brings you a traditional Gujarati snack called panki with the aroma of fresh banana leaves. Panki is named so as its batter is cooked between the banana leaves. While pankis made with rice flour batter are most common, other variations are also prevalent.
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup sour curd
water as reqired
1 tsp ginger-chilli paste
1 tsp garlic paste (optional)
1/2 cup corriander leaves
2 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp hing
1/4 tsp haldi
1 packet eno fruit salt
For spreading – Few banana leaves
To make the batter:
– In a bowl, add the sifted rice flour, ginger chilli paste, garlic paste (optional), asafoetida, turmeric powder, oil, coriander leaves and yogurt and whisk all the ingredients together.
– Add approx. 1 cup of water for the batter. The batter should be thick enough to spread on the banana leaf.
– Add salt to taste. Also add the ENO fruit salt and mix well.
– The batter is ready for the Panki. Let the batter soak atleast for an hour.
To make panki:
– Cut the banana leaves in a square shape.
– Grease the leaves with little oil.
– On a hot pan, keep the banana leaf (greased side on top) and spread 2 tbsp of the batter evenly over it.
– Cover it with another banana leaf (greased side on the batter)
– Let it roast on a low flame for about 1 and a half minutes on both sides.
– Cook until you get a few brown spots on the panki.
– The pankis will be done when the batter starts leaving the banana leaf.
– Serve the pankis hot in the banana leaves along with coriander mint chutney.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya
Editing: Sagar Bamnolikar
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifo…
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood