Delicious, full of flavour, vegan, gluten free and protein rich dish from Punjabi cuisine, world famous, Rajma Masala. Here’s how mom use to cook it.
For more tasty recipes, tips and product reviews please
Our facebook page:
Follow us on twitter:
1 cup red kidney beans ( I use uncooked beans and then soak them in water overnight before boiling them)
1 large onion ( or 2 medium)
3-4 cloves of garlic
2-3 inch piece of ginger
1 black cardamom
1 stick of cinnamon
1 bay leaf
2-3 tbsp oil for cooking
1/2 tsp garam masala
3-4 tomatoes (+ 1,2 cups of water)
Salt per taste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric
– Boil beans in pressure cooker.
– Make onion paste with onions, ginger and garlic.
– Fry onion paste in hot oil along with cumin, bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom. Add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder.
– Cook for 4 to 5 mins.
– Add tomato puree ( chopped tomatoes pureed in blender along with 1-2 cups of water)
– Add beans. Cook further for 15-20 mins.
– Add garam masala. Mix well. Garnish and serve.
Subscribe to 5-Minute Crafts: For copyright matters please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org —————————————————————————————- Our Social Media: Facebook: Instagram: The Bright Side of Youtube: —————————————————————————————- For more videos and articles...