Jamie Oliver’s Quick Tips for Zesting and Juicing
Jamie shows you how to get the most juice out of your lemons and limes in one minute flat.
Citrus lovers, gather around! Today, we’re sharing Jamie Oliver’s expert tips on zesting and juiceing a lemon, ensuring you get every bit of flavour and juice from this versatile fruit. Whether you’re whipping up a zesty dressing, a refreshing drink, or adding a citrusy kick to your dishes, these tips will elevate your lemon game.
Jamie Oliver’s Lemon Zesting and Juicing Tips:
- Prep the Lemon:
- Before zesting or juicing, roll the lemon on your countertop for about 20 seconds. This breaks down the cell structure inside, making it easier to extract the juice.
- Use a microplane or fine grater to zest the lemon. Gently run the lemon across the blade, taking care not to zest the white pith, which can be bitter.
- After zesting, cut the lemon in half.
- Squeeze each half through your hands, using your fingers to catch any seeds.
- Rotate and squeeze the lemon halves to extract as much juice as possible.
Applications in Cooking:
- Salad Dressings: Use fresh lemon juice and zest to create vibrant dressings.
- Baking: Add lemon zest to cakes, cookies, and pastries for a citrusy aroma.
- Marinades: Lemon juice is perfect for tenderizing and adding flavour to meats and vegetables.
- Beverages: Enhance your drinks with a splash of lemon juice or a garnish of zest.
With Jamie Oliver’s simple yet effective tips, you can fully utilize lemons in your cooking, bringing a burst of freshness and flavour to your dishes. So, the next time life gives you lemons, you’ll know exactly what to do!