This steak bowl is zesty and ready to party in your mouth. And the best ingredient: Tequila!
For more Hungry AF recipes:
Steak & marinade:
1 lb skirt steak
2 limes, zested and juiced
4 tbsp tequila
2 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp cayenne powder
Salt and pepper to taste
For the rest:
2 flour tortillas
1 romaine lettuce heart, chopped
¼ cup canned black beans, drained
¼ cup tomato, diced
¼ cup cooked corn
cilantro to taste
sliced jalapeño to taste
hot sauce to taste
vegetable oil for brushing tortillas
1. Combine all steak and marinade ingredients, cover, and set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
2. Make tostada bowls: Preheat oven to 300°F. Brush tortillas on both sides with vegetable oil. Place them in oven safe bowls to create bowl-like shapes. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Checking occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from oven and keep in the bowl until cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine chopped lettuce, black beans, tomato, corn, and some lime juice.
4. In a skillet or grill on medium-high heat, cook steak on both sides, until seared and cooked to your preferred doneness. Set aside to rest for about 5 minutes. Slice into bite-sized pieces.
5. To assemble, place the salad in the tostada bowl, top with steak, sour cream, jalapeños, cilantro and hot sauce.
Follow us! We don’t bite…unless you’re made of food 😉